Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What a Ride

In the last post, I left off with Abby, my dog, pining for her master. Looking so forlorn waiting beside my truck for me to come home.


I was in the ambulance on the way to University Community Hospital, Tampa Fl.


My first ambulance trip was nothing like this trip. First let me ask, where do these guys get their drivers license?

In February, if you've been following this blog, I had the first attack. The ambulance ride was more like a roller coaster. The driver decided to take the back road to St. Jo's Hosp. Now if you live in Tampa or Florida you'll know what I'm talking about. Those in power, whom ever they may be, can barely keep up with pot holes on the main roads, much less the back roads.


I felt like I was in an episode of "Mash". The ambulance was rocking back and forth. An EMT was holding the IV bag bracing himself against the side of the ambulance trying not fall on top of me. Another EMT was spraying nitro under my tongue. I have a big mouth, but we would hit pot hole and he would end up spraying my cheek. I could hear the siren going and the horn blowing. It was really quite comical. Why the horn? I can't think of any cross roads from where I was picked up to where I was going. But what do I know I couldn't see out. The guy holding the IV let go long enough to grab some thing and said here chew on these and tried to get four baby aspirin in my mouth. I'm glad the IV was put in before we started the wild ride.

I don't remember much about the ride to University Community Hospital, UCH, I do remember the rocking back and forth. This must be a prerequisite for ambulances. Maybe the government of Hillsborough is spending all of their money on filling pot holes and not on shocks for their ambulances. You've got to give it to these men and women, though, to be able to preform their duties while riding a roller coaster is quite an accomplishment.

I've felt like I've been on a roller coaster since February any way.

Seems every time I think I'm safe from attacks, boom another one. Then the wild ride begins.

1 comment:

Runrandall said...

Hey aren't you the brother who likes roller coasters. You have a heart attack and feel like your on a rooler coaster I ride a roller coaster and feel like I'm have a heart attack. But I cna't imagine having a herat attack on a rooler coaster. Any way I'm praing for you today as you have your proceedure.
runrandall